Azure Active Directory (AAD)
AAD is a cloud version of Active Directory (AD). You can install AAD in an azure subscription and have no integration with an on- premises AD or you can connect your on-premises AD to AAD.
· This is a multi-tenant directory.
· AD can replicate users and groups via AD Connect to AAD.
· It offers application federation and publishing.
· It offers SSO to a multitude of cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) app’s like Salesforce and ServiceNow.
· It offers a range of self-service options around areas like password reset & group management.
· Authentication can remain in-house with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
· It is regularly referred to as an identity bridge as it can act as the connector to many different services.